Ikwekwezi FM General Competition Rules
• All Ikwekwezi FM competitions are conducted in accordance with the provisions of Section 54 (1) of the Lotteries Amendment Act (46 of 2001).
• Ikwekwezi FM competitions are open to all South Africans, unless otherwise stated. Competitions are not open to employees, agencies, prize sponsors or contractors of Ikwekwezi FM, the SABC or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organization or running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
• No person may enter the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by Ikwekwezi FM within three (3) months of winning the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by Ikwekwezi FM.
• The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Prizes other than cash are not transferable, cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash and are not negotiable.
• Winners use and accept prizes at their own risk. Ikwekwezi FM, the SABC and the prize sponsors (and/or their respective agencies) cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, or loss of property experienced as a result of winning, accepting and/or utilizing prizes won.
• Prizes not collected/claimed within 6 months of being won will be disposed of at Ikwekwezi FM's discretion.
• By entering Ikwekwezi FM competitions, entrants agree to adhere to competition rules and regulations, details of which entrants declare themselves conversant with.
• Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
• Ikwekwezi FM may disqualify a transgressor for entry into any other Ikwekwezi FM competitions, for a period deemed appropriate by Ikwekwezi FM Management.
• Ikwekwezi FM and the prize sponsors reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control and shall not be liable in anyway whatsoever to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever.
• Winners may be required to have their details disclosed and appear on radio, television, the Internet or in printed publications.
• Ikwekwezi FM reserves the right to alter rules or prizes at their own discretion. Such altered rules and prizes shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Ikwekwezi FM. No entrant shall have any recourse against Ikwekwezi FM as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
• Ikwekwezi FM will make every reasonable effort to deliver the prize described in the promotion's publicity, but cannot accept responsibility if the prize differs in whole or part from that advertised. Similarly, prize values quoted may differ from the actual value of the prize.
• The announcement of a winner on air or on www.ikwekwezifm.co.za does not constitute a ruling by station management that the winner has complied with the rules above. Ikwekwezi FM may disqualify the entrant after the announcement should any rule transgressions be discovered.
Section 54 (1) of the Lotteries Amendment Act (46 of 2001) .
54. (1) A promotional competition shall not be unlawful if—
(a) it is conducted in the Republic;
(b) the consideration payable in respect of the purchase of goods or the use of services in respect of which that promotional competition is conducted—
(i) is the price usually or ordinarily paid for such or similar goods or services without the opportunity of taking part in a promotional competition;
(ii) is not increased by the opportunity to participate in that promotional competition;
(iii) is the only consideration payable for those goods or services and includes consideration for the right to compete; and
(c) the opportunity of participating in the promotional competition is not the only or the only substantial inducement to a person to purchase or use the goods or services to which the promotional competition relates;
(d) the promotional competition is conducted in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the Minister in terms of subsection (2);
(e) the promotional competition or any conduct under it is not substantially
(i) a business practice which has been declared unlawful in terms of the Harmful Business Practices Act, 1988 (Act No. 71 of 1988); or
(ii) a restrictive practice which has been declared unlawful in terms of the Maintenance and Promotion of Competition Act, 1979 (Act No. 96 of 1979);
(f) the Minister has not in terms of subsection (4) declared the promotional competition unlawful;
(g) the goods or services manufactured, sold, supplied, distributed or delivered in connection with the right to participate in a promotional competition are usually or ordinarily manufactured, sold, supplied, distributed or delivered by the person for whose benefit the promotional competition is held; and
(h) where the promotional competition is held in association or jointly with or in support of another promotional competition or in respect of or for the benefit of more than one person, the maximum values or limits prescribed by the Minister in respect of the total value or number of prizes, the frequency, duration or number of promotional competitions or the geographical area in which promotional competitions may be held, are not exceeded; and (i) the promotional competition is not substantially similar to any competition, game or sports pool conducted by or on behalf of the National Lottery.