Everything you need to know
How do I get an opportunity to come and DJ on Live Radio?
In order to get an opportunity for your mix tape to be played live On Air, you need to send an email to MtsweniVJ@sabc.co.za . You will be asked to prepare a mix tape which you will need to submit for assessment before it can be played live On Air, this is for the purpose of quality assurance.
What do I do when I want to have a live radio interview to promote my company?
Firstly, it is imperative that you have an active account with the SABC as there cannot be any kind of interaction that takes place on the SABC platforms (Radio, TV, Websites and Social Media) without that active account.
What procedure do I follow when I want to submit an EP or Single to be played On Air?
It is imperative that every submission meets the pre-requisites of the material (music) being submitted in order for it to be eligible for air-play or click here for more information.
What happens if a listener requests a song that is not available in the Music Library?
In case of Listener's Choice, the Librarian uses the system to search which other SABC Radio Station/ Music Libraries could be having that particular song, then requests it for our Station Library.
What happens to my Song, CD, and/ or Album once it has been received by the Station?
When a song is submitted to the Station it has to follow an inevitable procedure that is in fact quiet lengthy. The songs that are received, are listened to by the Music Committee and get assessed for airplay suitability in certain relevant Genres. Click here to see the music submission value chain.
What is the criteria that the Music Committee use for the selection of songs?
It is strongly recommended that musicians submit songs that are of best quality. The Production Company from which that particular song(s) is produced, should be well-known.
What must I do when I am experiencing Live Streaming Issues?
- Elaborate what seems to be the problem when accessing the stream.
- Take a screen shot of your error.
- Locate the 'Alt' and the 'Print Screen' Keys on your keyboard.
- Press and hold the Alt key and then press the 'Print Screen' key.
- Open a Microsoft word document or any other graphical software.
- Paste the screen shot into this window by right-clicking on your mouse and selecting the 'paste' option.
- Save your document and email it to email@example.com along with your contact details.
- A support agent will then contact you and assist you further.